If you are interested in computer telephony please
For the dvb cards review click here
For the accessories price list click here
Virtual Remote is a missing link in
It is not a free software.
After finding Virtual Remote suitable user is requested to donate $20 to ProgDVB
directly to Virtual Remote's author
Remote's major features are:
New in the latest version 4.0:
*** 44 hours guide ***
*** 2 TV Guide instances ***
- watch one provider's TV Guide online and
- another provider's offline
Real time TV Guide:
- change channels from within the guide (double click on channel
No or channel Name)
- favourites list
- selection by categories
- selection by languages
- search titles
- alert: pop-up window reminds about incoming prior selected event
- one click adding event to the Scheduler
- auto refresh every 30 minutes
TV Guide broadcasted over LAN:
- select 'LAN' option and in the client app insert server's IP or
server's computer name
TV Guide offline :
- for softcard users (SS1 softmode, SS2, TwinHan) for uninterrupt
Save TVGuide to file
- use 'Save TV Guide on exit' option to browse it offline
- switch between 2 different satellite providers (when using
- or use the switch to turn your equipment on/off
- the advantage of using VR Hotkeys is that ProgDVB window does not need to have
- very useful when using TV window mode.
- automatically synchronizes computer clock using NTP (Network/Internet Time Protocol).
- never miss your show.
User friendly Scheduler.
Scheduled recordings will automatically activate
Multiple recordings can be saved into different
Wake-up with maximum volume.
Alert: pop-up window reminds about pre-selected event.
Customizable display's font size:
-watch TV Guide on the television screen.
Screenshots (TV Guide):
There is not need of having automatic A/B switch to take the
full advantage of dual Power On. Let say you watch 2 different signal
providers and each time you swap dish cable and change ProgDVB settings.
Instead of doing that you can:
A. Keep ProgDVB in 2 different folders: make sure that \Modules
subdirectories in both folders contain the same modules.
B. In Virtual Remote setup fill in the General tab required info.
C. Depending on you actual signal feed Power On -->A or Power On
-->B as illustrated above.
1. 'Clear' button: removes all programming from the current window.
2. 'Load' button:
- use it to load (from previously saved
file) and display TV Guide in offline mode (single mouse click)
-use it to display raw data dump file.
(mouse right click on 'Load' button)
3. 'Dump' button:
- use it to save TV Guide in plain text file (single
mouse click )
- use it to create 1.5 MB raw data (pid12) dump file.
(mouse right click on 'Dump' button)
4. Red light: click on it to manually refresh displayed data.
5. 'A/B' switch: it toggles selected ComPort output:
DB 9 ---> pin 7 (RTS) and 5 (GND)
DB 25 ---> pin 4 (RTS) and 7 (GND)
DiSEqC and A/B switch setup:
Please post your comments and suggestions in forum: